Hey there! Thanks for stopping in. Name's Paul, otherwise known as Kaji online. Offline, my occupation consists of several odd teaching jobs, which suffice to say barely pay the bills out here in California. Hence, I've decided to open up shop and offer my calligraphic skills for sale!
- Names on certificates
- Custom stationery
For your quick and simple calligraphic needs. Samples to come
- Full certificates
- Short compositions
Most standard services fall into this category.Samples to comeIncludes ornamentation above and beyond simply lettering. Intended as a work of art in itself
Samples:Want something that's not covered by the above? Just want a digital commission? Need lettering services to help with one of your own commissions? I'm willing to do just about anything involving text, so feel free to run the idea by me for an estimate if you're interested!Prices do not include shipping, see end of section.Lettering:
Flat rate of $5 for materials and $1 per itemCalligraphy:
$15-30/page, depending on complexity of the requestManuscripts:
$15/hr. plus cost of materials
- If done on paper: $10 for materials
- If done on canvas: $25 for materials (canvas will be 16"x20"). Larger dimensions will be determined based on the cost of the larger canvas over the cost of a 16x20.
- If you do not have a design in mind at the time the order is placed, a fee of 10% of the total will be added to cover time spent developing one for the manuscript. See the FAQ for more information.
How to Order:
- Lettering and Calligraphy commissions: 1/2 up front, rest upon receipt of a scan of the finished product.
- Manuscripts: Cost of materials and 2 hours of labor are due up front. The rest will be due upon receipt of a digital photo of the finished work.
Once the payment has been completed, the order shall be shipped.
- Anything I can fit comfortably into a manila envelope will cost $1 to ship
- Orders that do not fit into a manila envelope will be billed actual estimated shipping costs
- Due to their intensive nature, all manuscripts will be insured when shipped
Send a note on DeviantArt (user: Kaji01) or e-mail me at Kaji_commissions@mac.com containing the following information:Name:E-mail: <-- Please ensure it's one you check so that I can reach youType of Commission: Lettering, Calligraphy, Manuscript, or OtherCommission Details: Be as detailed as you feel you need to be, I'll ask questions in reply to clarify if necessary. Please either paste in or include a link to the full text you want transcribed for Calligraphy and Manuscript commissions.
Once I receive your order form I'll send an acknowledgement. Once the details are clarified, I will send an estimate.Frequently Asked QuestionsQ:
What forms of payment do you accept?A:
In order of preference: Paypal, money orders, cash, and checks. If paying by check, it will have to clear before I begin work and/or ship the finished product.Q:
What's a design fee?A:
A design fee is compensation for extra effort spent planning out how to do a manuscript. If you have a specific plan laid out (e.g. "I'd like this text done as two side-by-side pages with a Celtic knot border), the fee is waived. If the instructions consist of something to the effect of "I'd like a manuscript with this written on it. Make it look awesome.", however, I charge an extra 10% of the total cost for the time spent deliberating what would make it "awesome".